BLUEBERRY NICE CREAM


Nice cream is a dessert consisting of bananas that are blended until soft and then frozen. Other ingredients, such as blueberries, can be added to the blended bananas. This blueberry nice cream caught my attention because I thought it would be a good way to cool down during these hot summer days and because I had a lot of blueberries on hand. I love this recipe because it’s a much healthier alternative to ice cream. Unsweetened almond milk is used in place of cream, making this dessert lower in fat. Also, there are only three ingredients: blueberries, bananas and almond milk.
When I saw this recipe on social media, I was able to make it right away because I had all the ingredients already. I was also happy to use all the over ripe bananas I had. An important step in this recipe is to cover the exposed top surface since it prevents the formation of ice crystals on the top. My family enjoyed this guilt free treat so much and I am planning to make another batch using strawberries soon!


Blueberry Nice Cream

Prep Time
15 mins
Freezing time
4 hrs

Course: Dessert
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 129 kcal


Ingredients
3 ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 cup frozen blueberries


Instructions
Peel the bananas, cut into pieces, place in a freezer bag and then freeze for at least 2 hours.
Place the frozen bananas into a blender. Add the almond milk and process until smooth.
Add the blueberries, ½ cup at a time and process until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.

Spoon the mixture into a container, preferably a glass one with a lid. Cover the entire surface top surface with a parchment paper and then cover with the lid. Freeze for at least 4 hours.


Disqus Comments